Salabat Khans II Tomb (Chandbibi Mahal)
This monument is the tomb of Salabat Khan II; the minister of Muethaza I (1565-1588 AD), the later himself was a builder of note. This tomb is an excellent example of Nizam Shahi architecture, which indicates a departure from the usual single chambered square type of tomb. The tomb is locally known as Chand-bibi-ka-mahal and it is located on a small hill and commanding a view of the surrounding countryside. Built on a lofty octagonal terrace of stone about 91.44 m in width and 3.66 m in height, the tomb consists of an octagonal hall about 3.66 m across surrounded by a three storied verandah about 6.1 m broad, the sides of which are faced with alternate open and closed arches, the later being provided with a number of smaller arched opening placed symmetrically. The whole building rises to a height of about 21.4m.
Located near Ahmednagar Fort, 1567 A.D. In Sahir Khan established the Dumdani mosque. The mosque is known for its extensive size and inscriptions. Here are the graves of Europe people and others. The Mughal archaeological site – a replica of the Dumdi mosque, is found in Gujarat.
Kotla Of Twelve Imams
The remarkable mosque is called as Kotala of Bara Imams (fort of twelve saints).It was built by Burhan Nizam Shah in 1536 AD under the advice of his minister Shah Tahir when Burhan embraced the Shia faith. Burhan Shah presented the mosque to Shah Tahir and intended it as a charitable institution and collage.
The enclosure wall (91*91 m) is built of dressed trap stone and lime. It has two entrances on the east and south side. Kotala of twelve Imamas is a typical example of Nizam Shahi architecture, which is famous for its carved decorative arch pier and arch recesses and parapet. It consists of single of a single prayer hall of three aisles, each having five bays deep, and has flat roof. It is very beautiful example of very well balance architecture, neat design, and fine workmanship.
Kot Bagh Nizam
In order to wreak his revenge on the Bahamani king, who had distrusted and sought to destroy him, Ahmed Nizam Shah,as Malik ahmed now called himself, decided to destroy Daulatabad. He shifted his headquarter from Junnar near Pune ,to Ahmednagar, in order to come within striking distance of Daulatabad which lay 75 miles south-west of Ahmednagar. The foundation of city of Ahmenadgar was laid in 1494 on the left bank of Sina river. In the centre of the city was the Bagh Nizam (the Garden of Victory). In 1499,Malik Ahmed has his revenge. He captured Daulatabad Fort and destroyed the Bahamin kingdom. To commemorate this second victory, he raised a wall around the Bagh Nizam.the Bagh Nizam Later become Ahmednagar Fort.
The Bagh Rauza
It was the residence of Ahmad Nizamshah, built with historical monuments, black stone. This place was once a house of Ahmed Nizam Shah. It was built by King Nizami in the 16th century. This entire monument is made of black stone which is very close to Delhi Gate. When tourists come here to visit, a stone monument is said to be that, in 1565, Ghulam Ali belongs to a dynasty who knew himself in the Battle of the Tankkit against King Vijayanagara. Ghulam Ali was in the third period of Nizamshah.
Faria Bagh Palace
This place was built for the memory of Nizam Shah’s son Burhan Shah, who crown at age of seven in 1508 . This palace reflects ancient art and culture. This garden is in shape of octagonal . Here is a large dome-shaped hall. Nizam Shahi Raja was playing chess in the palace.
This fort has a history of 500 years. Ahmed Badshahshah, the founder of Nizamshahi, built the fort in 1490 AD before the city was set up. The edge of this fort is 1 mile 80 yard and the fort has 22 towers. There is an immaculate fortification around the fort and there are a wide ditch around it. During the British period, the bridge was built on the rear side in 1832, and still remains remains.
Mounted Parade of the 4th Regiment, Light Dragoons, Ahmednagar, 1981
The Mughal period was followed by half a century of Maratha rule. In 1803, Arthur Wellesley, the Duke of Wellington captured the Ahmendnagar Fort, but handed it over to Peshwa. the British Army firmly took possession of Ahmednagar in 1817 & remained thereafter. In 1830,the British Army began to arrive at Ahmednagar, which became a full fledged British garrison. In 1849,the local farmers complained to the collector that their cultivation was being destroyed by the Artillery units carrying out ball practice. The collector asked the Army to acquire the land being occupied by them. From 1849 to 1852, the British Army acquired 400 acres of land around the Fort & construction of the Cantonment commenced. As per detailed accounts published in the Ahmednagar Gazetteer in 1882,a batter of Field Artillery, our companies of European Infantry ,& one company of Indian Infantry were garrisoned at Ahmednagar at the time. In 1913 a Remount Depot was established to house 500 horses. By 1887,the Army had acquired a total of 559 acres of land in Ahmednagar.
St John’s Catholic Church
St. John’s Catholic Church is a classic exhibition of British-era architecture. A large number of military units were deployed in Ahmednagar in the 18th Century, but there was no nearby place for their holy revival, even back pockets from Keraki.Being a historical monument, St. John’s Church is a major tourist attraction of Ahmednagar. According to the Church register, the Oxiliary Horse Cavalry was the first British Army unit to arrive in 1817. Then by 1830, a large number of troops were sent to the East India Company, and this place became a major camp.
There are many graves of British soldiers deployed in Ahmednagar in the burial chamber of the church. The Roman Catholic Church and the Episcopalian Church on the south-east are close to the other two churches. The St. Johns Catholic Church is in Bhingar, in the outskirts of Ahmednagar.
Aurangzeb, located in Khulatabad village, was the last of the great Mughal emperors. After Shivaji Maharaj’s death in 1680, Aurangzeb won the entire Deccan Empire and brought under his rule. He established his kingdom near Bhinger and in 1707 he remained there till 91 years of age. They were buried here. In the same grave complex, Aurangzeb’s second son, Azam Shah, and his wife have a Samadhi too.
Headquarters, Armoured Corps Centre
In 1921, six car companies came to Ahmednagar to train the administrative staff of the Royal Tank Corps, in 1924, to set up the Royal Tank Corps School.
Land of Ahmednagar is made holy by many saints born on this land. One of them is Jain saint Shri Anand Rishiji Maharaj. Postal department has issued a multi-colored of Rs. 4/- stamp in honour of renowned Acharya Anand Rishiji Maharaj. Acharya Anand Rishiji Maharaj was one such soul, whose contributions in the social & educational spheres have been a prolific & significant as his spiritual guidance to his followers. He was born at Shiral Chichondi ,Ahmednagar in August 1900 & received initiation from Ratan Rishiji Maharaj at the age of 13, thereby formally committing himself to a life of spiritual pursuits & service to humanity. His teachings were deep rooted in love, non- violence & tolerance. He was proficient in nine languages & wrote extensively in Marathi and Hindi. He had founded numerous educational & religious institutions & also rejuvenated many ailing institutions & founded magazines . He was bestowed with the title of “Acharya” in the year 1965 & left for his heavenly abode in the year 1992. The place Anand Dham is developed in his memory.
Ahmednagar historical museum and Research Centre
Ahmednagar historical museum was established in May 1960. Located near Collector office, this museum has a unique collection of coins miniature paintings, sculptures, weapons, turbans & manuscripts etc. There is a special section of Ganesh idols, original painting of Chattrapati Sambhaji Maharaja, Chainless bicycle of Germany, Tantrik Ganapati, Sanskrit – Marathi dictionary, 200 feet long horoscope are some of the attractions of this museum, the revolving stage of the famous Marathi Drama ‘To me navhech’ is donated to this museum.
(On Thursdays, the museum remains closed. On other days, visiting time – 10 am to 5 pm.)
In the tank museum, British-style guns and balls are kept. Cavalry Tank Museum located near Armand Corp Centre and School Centre. This museum was inaugurated in 1994 by B.C. Joshi. Is the only museum in Asia .Many ammunition and weapons used during the reign of many rulers are kept here. Here also the tanks in 40 countries have been displayed which are unique.
Meher Baba’s Samadhi
Meher Baba (February 25, 1894 – January 31, 1969) (born Mayrawan Sheriyar Irani) was an Indian mystic and spiritual teacher. Etc. S In 1954, he announced that he was an incarnation of this age.In childhood, no signs of spiritual interest were seen among them. In the nineteenth year of age, he was introduced to Hazrat Babaji, a Muslim monk and started a seven-year spiritual transformation process.
In the next few months, they contacted other spiritual beings. He stayed with Pausani Maharaj for seven years. Later they started public work. In Persian language, Meher Baba means ‘Merciful Father’. Some of the early followers named them. He has done many charitable activities for henchmen, poor and mentally ill.
Shukleshwar Mandir, Bhingar
This temple is about thousand years old. It is from the period of Ramayana. Bhrunghrushi’s son Shukracharya had done great penance (tapashcharya) to please the Lord Shankara on the west side of Samanga river. As per Nanasaheb Peshwe’s order Sadashiv Bhau was about to leave for the battle of Panipat to commemorate this event Shukleshwar temple was redevelopment and lighting tower was put in front of the temple. Maharudra abhishek was performed in the temple. In 1757 Nizam of Hyderabad had visited Nagar’s Fort & erected a statue of Belbhandar in front of Shukleshwar temple. This is mentioned by Shri Vishwas Patil in his Panipat Kadambari in reference of Bhingar’s Shukleshwar temple.
Narsimha Temple, Bhatavaidi Pargaon
From Nagar about 17km distance Bhatodi Gaon there is stone wall about 400-450 years old near pond kala vantinis palace,Ekengbazi ground and famous Nrusinh Mandir. Here is Tandala instead of Narsinh statue. Infront of this statue there is small window from that we can take Durvatache darshan .